Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Friday, August 5, 2011

New Tunic, 1980's flashback

I draw most of my inspiration for my clothing from my early childhood and the sights and experiences from that time...I was born in the early 1980's, so I still saw a lot of polyester pants on my elders, and funky (it's so ugly it's cool) plaids...According to some recent documentaries I have been watching the 1980's were an extremely materialistic  decade...Well, that was not my experience. My mom completely pulled away from the culture of materialism, so that has had a profound influence on the simplicity of my clothing as well...

This fabric particularly reminds me of my grandma's bedding in the room we stayed in as little ones.




you can find this tunic and others in my Etsy shop here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweethomeboutique

Business is going well...Since I opened up my shop again, there has never been a time that I did not have orders to work on..I stay busy with my craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment