Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Silk Knit Suprise!!


Today I received my big box of silky knit....The first thing I noticed is that is was very heavy. I could not wait to open this box, and find all the yummy knits I ordered. I didn't realize though the silky knit was actually...pretty silky....

I tried to fold this fabric nice and pretty for these pictures, but folding six yard cuts of silky knit was quite challenging.



Being somewhat of a knit novice, I was thinking silky meant something like soft t-shirt material, but I was wrong....silky wrong...


So, now I have 18 yards of this. I have already ruled out anything for children with this fabric, but I have some ideas swirling for women's tops (mixing the colors in one blouse). I don't see myself making any dresses with this, but these tops with dark denim would look especially nice this winter.




On a cotton note I listed this little outfit today....




lovin' my sweet model


poppy flower headband, and matching peasant dress...
All handmade by me. You can find this little outfit in my shop here
You can also checkout more of Sweet Home Boutique on Etsy here


No comments:

Post a Comment