Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Honesty in children, and peanut butter

I was reading some writings of Susana Wesley, and I learned a lot about effective mothering. You know Susana Wesley, mother of Methodism, mother to John and Charles Wesley, and several more blessed children. She home schooled her children in the early 1700's. Her method on teaching honesty and training little one's to tell the truth I have applied to my own family with much success. I tell my children if they tell me the truth they will not get in trouble, but if they lie to me they will get in trouble for said offense, and get in trouble for lying.
They always choose to tell the truth because the result is always pleasant.

On a lighter note yesterday we were watching Paula Dean cooking, and got inspired to grill up some peanut butter sandwiches of our own. Her method called for banana's, but we did not have any so we skipped that ingredient (we also skipped dipping them in sugar after were done) In a bowl mix peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. Spread the mixture on the two slices of bread, buttered for a grill in'. Put them on the skillet, and then watch the yummy goodness come together. Does it look like a success?


No comments:

Post a Comment