Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

new designs

I have been making a lot of peasant tops for myself and shop, and I was ready to expand. I have been making things from some basic patterns, but I am now altering them more to my style. For example, I have a cute ruffled top, which I lengthened, narrowed, and added a belt to give it more shape. What do you think? I think that the pictures do not do it justice, but there is only so much you can do with a 4 year old taking pictures in the hopes of earning a pixie stick for her labor.




 I also have a sleeveless pattern that I am experimenting with, and having a lot of fun. I have a great retro  pattern  that looks like a lot of fun. It has got  some great reviews from pattern review. com. The only thing that has happened with that pattern presently is it has all been printed taped together and cut. I wanted to start it Sunday night, but got intimidated by the amazing 6 yards of fabric it requires. That is a lot of fabric to cut up, and lay out. For reference, the dress above was made with two yards.

On the Etsy shop, in the last week I had someone buy an item, but the payment did not show up, so I had to cancel it, I also am in talks with someone to make another mushroom fall dress, I have been messing around with my titles and things on Etsy to hopefully get picked up more on google searches. I have had my shop open for almost a month, so I have a lot more to learn, and I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment