Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Logo's and Poppys


So, I finally have my logo, and it is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. They also designed a business card as well, and did a great job. I am excited to be able to order them soon!

As for Poppy's, apparently I love them, and I didn't even know. It all started when a dear friend told me she like the background of this blog. She thought they were pretty poppy's. I saw a pattern when I was searching over 100's of swatches of fabric, and was drawn over and over again to Micheal Millers "poppy Collection". I could not get those pretty fabrics out of my head, so I went ahead and ordered them. One night I was sitting on my bed, looking at the pretty blue and white picture behind my sewing machine, and realized that too was a poppy. I then noticed they were all over my comforter, on my pillows in the living room, on several pieces of clothing I own, and even on my kitchen towels. Being so drawn to poppy's, I looked up their meaning in the language of flowers and here is what I found.

My room is where I found my white poppy's
  • Poppy (white) - Consolation; sleep

  •                   





    My kitchen and living room are where I found my red poppy's
    Poppy (red) -Pleasure; consolation



     When I plan my bedroom I want rest to be the central theme, so I can see why I was drawn to white poppy's. As for the red, it is also the general living and entertaining area. I want all of our guests to have a pleasurable time, and for my family to enjoy themselves as well in our home, so that makes sense also.

    So, if you come to my home, be prepared to be overwhelmed by poppy flowers. Other than that I have no reasonable conclusion as why I went into all of this.

    Happy Tuesday!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment