Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Sunday, September 19, 2010

new things, and frustration

As anyone who has ever sewn knows, it is so messy. Your room can be completely spotless and organized and then you whip out some thread, fabric and a machine, and it looks like a cotton tornado passed through in a matter of 10 minutes (or maybe it's just me). So in order to make my husband happy, and my home orderly, I organized all of my sewing things. Patterns, in their place, a wall of scissors, a swatch book of fabrics (in progress) Everything was looking awesome, organized and super clean, but then...I lost my inspiration. I seem to work better in a mess of fabrics. I need the artistic freedom of a mess to relax, and let creativity soar. I guess it is part of the process. At least now when I am done sewing everything has a place.

As a result of this organized wasteland, I had a hard time making things for the store, hence the frustration in the title. The frustration eventually ended and I was able to make some things (I think some extra rest helped too) So, I have had my store open 2 weeks and have already have two very happy customers, and sold three things...amazing

Today I listed 4 new things that I really like, 2 paper doll dresses, a tunic and wallet. I plan on making some forget me knot dresses this week, knee bloomers, and nightgowns(not sure I am going to sell any, just make some for my pretty girls). Also on the menu the blessed responsibility rearing 4 precious souls, and having a lot of fun with my husband!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment