Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Saturday, January 1, 2011

She makes linen garmet and sells them...

This was my reasoning for making my newest dress...

I was browsing around Micheal fabric stores, and looking through all of the textures and fabrics. I normally use quilters fabric for my garments, but I wanted to try another texture. I browsed through denim, corduroy, etc, but I was very drawn to this linen. Not only it is super comfortable, but the Bible says of the proverbs 31 woman....
She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.

Proverbs 31:24

Linen is made using the flax plant pictured here...

Details of the flax plant, from which linen fibers are derived
( Wikipedia)
It is a strong durable fiber, that has been used for thousands and thousands of years. I do aspire to be like the proverbs 31 woman, and if linen fabric was good enough for her, it is surely good enough for me as well
Here is my newest listing using this luxurious linen fabric...





Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment