Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Saturday, February 19, 2011

with her profits she plants a vineyard...

So, I am not exactly growing a vineyard, but this year we are starting our garden from seed indoors. I grew up in a garden...literally...my parents were back to nature, and my mother is more knowledgeable of growing and gardens than anyone I know. I remember, as a little girl, running through rows of tomato fields in my mothers garden (and finding baby bunnies in them too)...I say all of this because gardening is in my blood, and I love it.

As far as the title above...The proverbs 31 women plants a vineyard from her earnings. She is my role model. I don't aspire to be her, but I aspire to be a godly woman, and as God moves in my life, I see my life lining up more and more with hers. Her story encourages me in my own.

I took some pictures of the process, so that you can see how it easy it is, and grow some for yourself too...
this is a little pic to show you what you have to look forward too
(well,  hello there sunshine)
 So, this is what you need to start an a garden from seed......


dirt
( for gardens)


supplies, garden trays, seeds, a pencil, I plastic wrap, and a label maker (optional). You will also need a spray bottle

put the dirt in the cells

print out some sticky plant labels (this is optional, but helps to keep things organized)

label the cell

poke little holes using a pencil

take out your little seeds (these are teeny tiny poppy seeds)
put teeny tiny seeds in the holes

gently cover them up with dirt


water the delicate seeds with a spray bottle until they sprout
after you have all of that done, you either cover it with plastic wrap, or some cell containers come with a plastic cover like the one shown above
 
My children also made gardens. We took a container, lined it with plastic, and did all of the steps above and covered it with plastic.

Make sure to keep your soil moist, and when they sprout, take off the plastic, and place near the sun (a window etc.)
When the plants are mature, you can move them outside (still handle with TLC), and when your garden is prepared transplant.

Have fun and good luck!

I also listed this sweet wrap skirt today in Sweet Home Boutique...

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment