Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Saturday, June 25, 2011

culture and inspiration.

As I am looking through fabrics, and thinking of designs, I find it amazing how different my tastes are during different points in my life. I can also see a profound effect on my environment shaping my taste. Hawaii, where I started Sweet Home Boutique, is a land of eternal summer. In Charleston, South Carolina,(where we are now) summer is more celebrated because it only shines its pretty face for 3-4 months out of the year. I wanted to do something fun to celebrate summer, and being close to the beach in this lovely place.

here is what I came up with

It has a cute ruffle border at the top and I love how it is a relaxed fit, but still flattering to the female form. I plan on making more of these.   A great top to celebrate the season. What do you think?

You can check out all of my creations in my Etsy shop to the right

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment