Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Christmas Dresses, handmade dresses, red retro dresses....

This has been a busy week for Sweet Home Boutique on Etsy. I registered my business in South Carolina, filled several orders, started to set up a wholesale account with Westminster fabrics,  and was featured on a blog! One of my customers was so happy with her purchase, she wrote a whole blog post about my shop.
You can check it out here
http://beaandolly.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-new-favorite-shirt.html#comment-form

I also have been working on some new handmade dresses. I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 5th child, so I am trying to get these dresses made and listed before I start showing. At that point I will be and  building my shop with maternity clothes. I have one more red retro dress that I want to list soon. I have the pieces cut, but I am trying to finish up several more orders before I sew it together.
Another exciting thing is that I made my first sale to England, and has reached 99 sales in my shop...Now in only one more sale, I will have officially have graduated into the triple digits club! 

Here is my newest listing, I know it is a bit early for Christmas dresses, but like I said, I want to list some new regular women's clothes before I start showing and move into maternity clothes.

red corduroy, bell sleeves, black linen belt

In my mind Christmas dresses are the things that you wear to grade school recitals, so that was my inspiration for this dress.

no Christmas dress would be complete without a little bow!

I also felt a bit like Mrs. Clause when I put this on (maybe it was the black boots), so that is fun!

close up!
You can check out this dress, and more handmade clothing for sale in my shop on Etsy here
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweethomeboutique

No comments:

Post a Comment