Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Homeschool Crafts for Kids!


Besides crafting for my shop I also craft for my day job, homeschooling. We are studying the earth and are going to be doing an experiment with the layers of the earth. The materials called for 3 colors of play dough red, green, and blue. Since our store bought play dough is all mixed together and crusty I pulled out this fabulous play dough recipe that I got awhile ago on Pintrest. It is very easy to do and the thing that takes the most time is getting together the supplies. You probably have most supplies already in the house except cream of tarter. Cream of tarter can be found in the spice section at your local grocery store. We also found something to do with our old broken crayons! I had my children take off the wrappers and break them up into little pieces. After that we melted them in little heart shape cookie molds. The result was cool multicolor heart shape crayons. This was also another Pintrest idea! 



Multicolor heart shaped crayons and homemade play dough. 

All of the materials that you need to make homeade play dough.


Heart crayons. This one turned out so pretty!

playing with the new heart shaped crayons. 

To make the crayons simply put them in the oven at 230 degrees for 15 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment