Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Decoupage, my first experiance with Mod Podge.

I was totally inspired by pinterest to do some modpodge projects. I wanted to start small, so that I didn't ruin something. I decided to make my daughters 5&6 some jewelry boxes for the big clip on earrings, and beaded necklaces. First I gathered my supplies. Folk Art paint, sponge, paintbrush, 2 pieces of pretty cardstock, a plate, blank jewelry boxes, and of course....Mod Podge
 
 


The first thing I did was prime the jewelry box by painting them...

 My next step was to paint the inside with modpoge. Because cardstock is already hard I did not have to prep that with it. .
 I then placed the pretty paper on the inside of box boxes, and on the top..I covered the paper with a coat as well to secure it to the boxes and give it a protected surface.

And, Ta Da pretty jewelry boxes for my little girls. After seeing these my sons 2&4 decided that they wanted boxes as well. So, I am going to be on the lookout for some cool cardstock paper to decorate them with. My 4 year old wants to use his to store Lego's and I thought that was a great idea.
These would make great Christmas Gifts as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment