Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am not religious...

and I hope I am never referred to as such. I am a person who tried the whole "Christ thing" 8 years ago, and never looked back. I surely had a whole in my heart, and was longing. My spirit wanted to find it's home. I was very aware of the spiritual realm, and knew there was more to life than what I could see and hear.

I was open to the Bible, and Hindi, and Buddha. I never had any peace though. I was brought under great leadership, and taught what it really meant to be a Christ follower. I was pushed up to the front at alter call laughing in embarrassment. I did not really know what it meant to "get saved" or say "the sinners prayer". After I left service that day (September 14 2002), my life has never been the same. The flowers were brighter, the air had a softer breeze, and when I opened the bible the scripture made sense for the first time.

So, I am not religious, and I hope I am never referred to as such. I was a lost  hurting person, who now knows I have a loving creator,a passionate defender, and a hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment