Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Respecting your man...

I am putting this out there to anyone who is in a relationship. I am by no means an expert on this matter, I am only speaking from my own experience, and being that I am 29, I am sure it is somewhat limited.

I do know one thing and that is every man, everywhere, desires and requires one thing from his lady, and that is respect. Nothing can make a man stand taller than showing him unconditional respect. Whether he deserves it or not, it is a boundary line that should never be crossed in a relationship.

I know in my marriage I did not know this at first. I think many, many arguments break out as a result of disrespecting your man. If my husband and I disagree on something, again, this is where I shut my mouth and pray.

When I show my husband unconditional respect in my marriage, he treats me like a rare gem.

The same way that we can build our men up by showing them respect, we can tear them down through disrespect. It is not only what we say, but what we do, and our attitude towards them. We can be kind with our words, but our attitude can be completely condescending.

I see this in my sons as well, even at their young age I do feel as though we should respect them as the men that they are, and will become.

The Bible says many things about the way a husband should treat his wife, but only says one thing about the way a wife should  treat her husband.....with respect.

I hope this edified someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment