Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's a swamp thing...

pic courtesy of http://movie-shop.us/movie.php?id=254256
No, not that one, more like the low country swamp thing...
We live in the lowland and it is low here, and swampy, complete with Alligators...I rather like the swamp. I think it may have been because as a little girl my mother was always talking about a wonderful trip she took to Okefenokee swamp in Florida. It always seemed like such an amazing adventure. (thought I think really as a little girl I was more intrigued by the name...Okefenokee.it has a nice ring to it) So, when we had the chance to move here to South Carolina, I was thrilled at the prospect of going to the swamp..

That is where I found this diamond
Cypress Gardens--It is here by our home, and movies like The Notebook, The Patriot, and yes, that's right Swamp Thing were all filmed...

yep, that's a slimy alligator butt

don't worry, not one was harmed during this visit (pic taken in 2007, during our first stay in SC)


SO, the moral of all of this rambling is that I love the swamp, and I have seen it reflected in my clothing styles as of late



Can you see it, the swamp influence...
I find all of Gods creation and geographic locations beautiful and try to find the beauty of it all....
I am sure I will back to brighter colors, and cheerful prints again when the sun comes out and the flowers bloom.
I love having the seasons here...
You have to have to have the winter to appreciate the breath of spring

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment