Navigation About Etsy Fabric Inspiration How To

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

zoo or bust, literally...

The pressure was heating up for sure here at "operation get yourself ready for a global move by yourself with four toddlers." I am starting to take it all in stride, especially when I woke up in the middle of the night laying beside a little girl who had an "accident", on the bed...and me.  Whenever I know I need to tie some strings with my children we got on a fun filled outing. That way, they know I am working hard to give them fun experiences, and in turn want to do everything to be compliant and helpful...It works every time. It also reminds them that they are my top priority, and not my leftovers....
So on to the trip to the zoo, it started out well, and Audrey even commented on how fast we got there, until I took a wrong turn and started going in circles, that is when I pulled out this...
bam...yes my new ipone4, it lead me safely to my destination with it's map feature

So, then we were at the zoo, and the kids were really excited...As we were pulling up though I remembered I need to feed the meter. It is something like $1.00, and hour...I was stressing again because I forgot about it until I saw this
                                                

 bam....yes these are the new parking meters at the zoo that takes debit cards!! I use to have to bring a sock full of quarters with me every time...bye bye potential weapon, hello easy street...

So, All was well at the zoo....

We picked up some litter
 
climbed on hippo butts
 
talked story with the locals


checked out the man eating goldfish

 
got attacked by ravenous  goats







we even had the opportunity to ride an alligator while drinking from a giraffe head...

All and all a good day, and I think we are all much refreshed...

Happy Tuesday!

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you all had a great day...and I love all your little comments, made me laugh!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, yes, I am always trying to pull the humor out of things :-)

    ReplyDelete